Express Yourself! - Images and education
Here, the event will take place:
PROFESSIONALS STAGE (Hall 4.1, Booth K-50)
"Analogue, digital, virtual"
Prof. Mareike Foecking, Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences
When it was invented, photography made the portrait painter unemployed. When it became digital it initially resulted primarily in new technologies. This time it only seemed like one device was replacing another, and not an entire pictorial genre another. And yet digitalisation has resulted in much more change for photography than simply new devices with which one works under the same conditions.
With the rise of virtual worlds, photography seems to be assuming an entirely new and precarious role. In the presentation, a brief story of images is told, with a view to how pictorial worlds will continue to develop, and which role photography can play in the process.
Followed by a panel discussion
· Brigitte Dietze (Remscheid Academy for Arts Education)
· Prof. Mareike Foecking (Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences)
· Paul-Ruben Mundthal (HANT – Magazin für Fotografie, Erfurt)
· Dr. Torsten Scheid (University of Hildesheim)
· Jan Schmolling (Deutsches Kinder- und Jugendfilmzentrum/Deutscher Jugendfotopreis, Remscheid)
Moderation: Dr. Sandra Abend (Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf)